Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dominican Republic Spring Break 2008

I am just now recovering from taking a team from our church to the Dominican Republic (DR). It has been a tough transition back...I still think about how no one has access to clean water, every time I brush my teeth...It is still a little weird being able to flush toilet paper...How complicated life is here in the USA compared to how simple it seems there...they have a very rich sense of community(I'm not talking about face book and blogs...they still hang out at the local store and in the streets and on their front porch)

I am very proud of all the students that went...I can't get over how hard they all worked and how freely they gave of their love to the Dominican people...One of them is going to do an internship there this summer and I know several others that want to go back...

I am always amazed by how much I "get" from going, when I start out planning on "giving" so much. You can see a video of our trip here:

No comments: