Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summer camp:

It is 7:30am and in less than 3 hours we will be loading up vehicles heading for Hume Lake San Diego! It seems like so long ago that we began promoting camp...but at that same time I can't believe it is already time to go. I was thinking this morning that for over a decade I have been measuring time by summer camp...I have been to a lot of weeks of camp. The camp I grew up going to was called "Woodland Lakes Christian Camp". I have a lot of fun memories about camp...How about you?

2 comments:

Scot said...

I have nothing but BAD memories at the camp I went to growing up. Here are a couple. When I was in elementary, I fell off the top bunk onto a concrete floor in my sleep... and never woke up. The adults heard the "THUMP" and picked me up... didn't see if I was unconscience... and tied me to the bed with the sheets. I woke up that next morning with a huge knot on my head and a headache. Crazy thing was, I had a dream that these kids were chasing me with a bat and caught me and hit me in the head! It was the most realistic dream I've ever had.
Then as a 9th grader I went back and didn't know anyone, and hated it so much, I called my parents to drive and come pick me up after one day! Not the typical fun camp stories.

Unknown said...

Its been almost 3 months since your last post! What gives????